[Plugin] custom_alarms ~ Text-to-Speech unique alarm system

Hello everyone! I present you my custom alarms system which i think might be useful for some of you playing private servers.

THIS PLUGIN REQUIRES 7 EXTERNAL LIBRARIES. WITHOUT THEM IT WILL NOT WORK.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND RELOADING OFTEN AS LIBRARY IMPORTS CAN CAUSE CRASHES.

Place the .py file inside plugins folder and the libraries inside your python38/Lib folder
Download plugin ~ save link
Download libraries ~ extract into python38/Lib

What does this plugin do?
It starts off by detecting all the uniques in the server by reading spawns/deaths and place them into a list of “possible uniques”. From this list you can then select what uniques you wish to be notified for by placing them in the alarm list. Needless to say, it will play an alarm sound everytime a unique from the alarm list spawns.

What alarm does it play?
Well, using TTS libraries the plugin will create an alarm sound that is the name of the unique itself, helping you know instantly what unique spawned, instead of having a generic sound for all the uniques you usually want to be notified for.

Extra notes:
Currently, and since it’s the first version release of this plugin, there are only 2 bonus “features” besides the alarm system itself. You have the option to:

• you can add uniques manually if you don’t want to wait until they appear on “possible uniques” list. you can also delete them with a button incase you mistyped the unique name.
  • mute, so you don’t need to clear your alarm list everytime you wish to stop recieving the alarms.

If you do not like the TTS sounds it is possible for you to add your own .mp3 files do the folder created inside the plugin config folder. In this case the file name will have to match the unique name precisely for it to work.

I would really appreciate if feedback, bug reports and suggestions are given to help optimizing and improving this plugin.

Hope you enjoy, cheers!

2 Likes

works decent

1 Like

Fixed delay/freeze caused by playsound.
Fixed titans/job uniques.
Fixed GUI.