Maintenance Updates

In about an hour I’m going to take the forum down to migrate from zvols to qcow2 for significantly better write performance. This will improve the speed of the forum a little (especially while backups are being performed). In order to do this the forum must be completely down. Nothing else will be affected.

Starting at 1:00 PM EST (when this post says it was made 1 hour ago) and it will take about an hour to complete.

Updates will be posted at https://twitter.com/projecthax if there are any.

4 Likes

All done. Took about an hour like I estimated.

2 Likes

In an hour the forum will go down so I can make a few modifications. The bot and CrapTrap will be unaffected. I will post updates on Twitter if there’s anything you need to be made aware of.

https://twitter.com/projecthax

Complete

1 Like

I’m currently upgrading a few VMs right now which means you may not be able to authenticate to the bot for a couple of minutes, but if everything goes as expected you should not notice anything.

Rebooting now then it should be finished.

In the next hour or two I’ll be upgrading the server. During this time you may see that you have 1 day remaining of bot time. This is normal and will show the correct amount of time once everything is running again. If you buy a subscription it should be applied once everything is online.

I am almost done. I need to reboot a few things once more and it’ll be good to go.

Everything is done. If you just bought time and do not have it, wait about 20 minutes then try it. If you still don’t have it then send me a message on the forum.

3 Likes

This isn’t exactly a maintenance update.

Cloudflare was down for about 20-30 minutes which caused half the internet to no longer function (reddit / imgur / discord). It also caused this forum and phbot.org to not load at all, but the bot should have kept working just fine albeit slightly slower when logging in. Everything should be back to normal, but that doesn’t mean it won’t go down again in the future.

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

2 Likes

This week the server will be replaced and upgraded significantly. During this time everything will be down except for phbot.org, path finding, and installing/updating the bot.

You will still be able to use the bot but it will tell you that you have 1 day of time left. This is not a bug and you will see your actual time once everything is back up and running.

I will make another post here the day of and in Discord.

3 Likes
  • Server maintenance will be occurring soon. Make sure you’ve read the post above this one.

• The forum is currently up and running but not anything else. Everything will be back up soon.

• The server move has been completed. If you recently paid, your time will soon be added and your login details sent to your email. This may take a few hours as the IPNs must be resent by Stripe, PayPal, etc.

1 Like

The server was down for a few hours so it could be moved to another rack. This process was not completed and will need to be done tomorrow. For now everything is up but it will need to go down again tomorrow.

In 20 minutes the server will be down again so it can finally be moved. It should not take more than an hour.

The move is complete.

2 Likes