Bind IP - get IP from interface

Hello,

I play on a server where there is an IP limit of 2. At the moment I am able to run 4 characters:

• 2 on internet from ISP
  • 2 on the internet from a mobile phone (USB tethering).

With USB tethering I get an IP address which changes every time I restart tethering on the phone.

Is there a way to specify the interface name in the Manager so that the bot checks the current IP address from USB tethering interface each time?

I don’t know if you know, but this option was added some time ago :slight_smile:
obraz

You can set a bind IP through the Manager.

It is technically possible to bind to an interface. Maybe I’ll add it to the next version.

1 Like

This version will bind to the IP of the network interface that has the MAC address that you specify. The MAC address must be in this format: 00:11:22:33:44:55

1 Like

I’m currently testing this solution. So far it is working without a problem. You are amazing!
However, I’m not sure it fully solves the issue.

When connecting an Android phone via USB Tethering, not only the IP address is randomised, but also the MAC address.

Is it technically possible to specify the interface name instead of the MAC/IP address?

It should be possible to support it as well. I’ll look into it.

I’ll add it to the next version but it will use the interface GUID instead of the name. You can find it using this Powershell command:

Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_NetworkAdapter | Select-Object -Property Name,GUID

Edit:

While actually the GUID does not change so I am not able to paste all the GUID characters in the BindIP field.
When I remove the minus signs from the GUID, then this solution does not work.

Maybe the BindIP field should be extended to allow more characters?

You have to use the GUID as is and it will work.

To do not misunderstand here, please check below ss:

Last 4 digs was not pasted in Bind IP frame.

This increases the field length.

Manager.exe (6.0 MB)

This resolve issue.
Right now, everything works perfect. Even when testing USB tethering disconnection and reconnection, the IP address is automatically retrieved from the interface.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.